Collections & Workouts
At Cohn & Dussi, we orchestrate complete solutions to your debt collection challenges. We make it possible for our clients to scale their collections activities nationwide with unparalleled execution.
Cohn & Dussi’s Collection Group brings together leading creditors’ rights attorneys, experienced, tenacious, debt collectors, internal auditors, and advanced technology to reach swift resolutions for our clients – anywhere they do business.
Our comprehensive revenue recovery method combines the tenacity of a top debt collection team, with the urgency only an attorney’s outreach can deliver, enabling us to recover your funds faster.
Our collection service delivers the following, and more:
- The leverage of an influential law firm
- Our tenacious, customer-oriented Pre-Litigation Collection Division, comprised of diligent collectors and attorneys.
- A boundless legal footprint, enabling us to see your collection claim all the way through the court process, when ultimately necessary.
- Our Client Update and Entry System (CLUES), a secure, web-based interface that gives you real-time, 24/7 claim monitoring and valuable reporting. SEE A CLUES DEMO.
- A dedicated customer care representative
- Competitive contingency fee pricing – we don’t get paid until you do.
Pre-litigation approach to collections & workouts
To avoid the cost, time and risk associated with litigation, Cohn & Dussi partners with you to offer a pre-legal approach to recover your money and collateral. Thanks to our legal letter head and greeting, we enjoy an increased response rate and a head start on resolving your matter in a timely way.
For debtors who do not respond or are unwilling to make payments and/or surrender your collateral, we escalate to legal based on our verification of a good address and assets to attach.
Like most of our services, in addition to representation on an hourly fee basis, we offer alternative fee arrangements such as contingency fees and flat fees. Whether your matter is a pre-judgment matter or of judgment status, we can take on your file for immediate resolution.
Our unique accounts receivable recovery strategy
Our Accounts Receivable recovery strategy is unlike any other in the industry, bringing the best of both worlds – persistent collectors and industry-leading attorneys. Our clients enjoy quicker, optimized recovery on their debt collections claims, less time spent in court, and unprecedented transparency.
Here are the steps we take within 24-48 hours:
- STEP 1: Thorough research is done to confirm the contact information you have provided, locate the debtor, uncover assets and search public records to ensure we are armed with all information necessary to effectively collect what you’re owed.
- STEP 2: Demand letters go out from our law office, on our firm’s letterhead. That sends up an immediate red flag with debtors that you have escalated your collection efforts to the highest level.
- STEP 3: Our in-house collection team, comprised of collectors and attorneys, works collaboratively to contact your debtor and recover what you are owed.
- STEP 4: If we are unsuccessful in collecting, for whatever reason, we may recommend that you file a lawsuit against the debtor. Upon your approval, your case will be placed with a collection attorney in the proper venue, and we will see it all the way through litigation. A dedicated Litigation Services representative will be assigned to your case to work with you directly on all of your questions and concerns, manage the workflow with local counsel, and ensure you are kept apprised of all case movement.
Cohn & Dussi’s debt collection process is designed to ensure seamless transition of all vital information pertaining to each case thorough claim management and monitoring, and smooth navigation of your case through the court system.
- Equipment & Leasing
- Financial Institutions
- Assisted Living
- Merchant Cash Advance
- Alternative Lending
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate