At Cohn & Dussi, we provide not-for-profit organizations advice and support on a wide range of legal issues. We have worked with all sorts of nonprofit organizations, including educational institutions, charitable foundations, health clinics, and domestic violence resources/shelters.
We apply the decades of expertise we have in working with for-profit businesses to the specific legal needs of nonprofit and charitable organizations. We regularly coordinate with our clients and their auditors/tax advisors as needed.
Our legal work with not-for-profit organizations includes corporate and transactional matters, as well as other tax and non-profit specific issues, including:
- Forming tax-exempt entities
- Obtaining Tax-ID numbers and advising on maintaining tax-exempt status
- Developing any type of organizational documents
- Drafting agreements, including partnership agreements, customer and supplier contracts, etc.
- Providing counsel on non-profit governance
- Defining rules and responsibilities for an organizations’ board, conducting board reviews, and other board-related matters
- Health Care Clinics
- Educational Institutions
- Domestic Violence Resources
- Charitable Foundations
- Credit Unions
- Religious Affiliations