Trusts & Estates
The Trusts & Estates team at Cohn & Dussi works with domestic and international clients and their families to cover a broad spectrum of personal planning needs.
These needs include estate planning, special needs planning, estate administration and charitable planning. In doing so, we listen carefully to our clients, addressing their unique needs and concerns, and help them achieve their wealth transfer goals.
We also assist clients in preparing wills, powers of attorney and health care proxies and trusts, and in formulating ways to minimize estate taxes and make tax efficient gifts.
On behalf of our business and corporate clients, we coordinate business succession planning, manage control issues and coordinate assets, including insurance and retirement plans.
Our focus areas in Wills, Trusts, and Estates include:
- Beneficiary Designations
- Complex Estate and Tax Planning for Individuals
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Estate Planning for Business Owners
- Family Settlement Agreements
- Interpretation of Wills and Trusts
- Living Wills
- Payments of Debts and Taxes
- Post-Mortem Estate and Tax Planning
- Probate and Qualification of Personal Representation
- Revocable Living Trust
- Simple (non-tax) Estate Planning for Individuals
- Specific and General Bequest
- Will Contests
- Wills and Contingent Trusts