John J. Dussi
781-494-0200 EXT: 215
John J. Dussi is a founding partner at Cohn & Dussi. For more than 25 years, John, in his position as the Chair and lead attorney for the firm’s Commercial Litigation Department, has represented a number of institutional and corporate clients in the practice areas of general corporate, workouts, creditors’ rights and litigation in the state and federal courts.
John is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the U.S. Appeals Court for the First Circuit. He is also a Special Assistant Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, assisting in the enforcement of obligations due to the Commonwealth. John also serves as counsel for the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers’ Clients Security Board on various matters.
In addition, John is involved in the formation and management of a number of not-for-profit organizations in the Commonwealth for which he serves as general counsel.
John is a faculty member for the Lorman Education Services Group and, in that capacity, regularly speaks on the topic of “Collection Law in Massachusetts.”
He is an active member of the American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, the Trial Lawyers Association of America, the International Association of Commercial Collectors and the Commercial Law League of America.
- Massachusetts Bar
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- S. Appeals Court for the First Circuit
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- International Association of Commercial Collectors, Inc.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, CA, J.D., 1984
- Boston State College, Bachelor of Science-Criminal Justice, 1980