781-494-0200 EXT: 223
Michael H. Theodore is the head of Cohn & Dussi’s Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Department and is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department.
He concentrates in creditors’ rights and workouts and has extensive experience in commercial and bankruptcy matters, frequently representing secured and unsecured lenders, equipment lessors, other financial institutions and debt buyers. Michael also practices in the areas of commercial foreclosures and asset-based financing and has represented the interests of bankruptcy trustees.
Michael is a graduate of Tufts University, where he was a member of Varsity Baseball team and served as a team captain, and a graduate of New England Law Boston, where he served as a Senior Case and Note Editor on the New England Journal on Civil and Criminal Confinement. He is a founding and current member of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Bar Association and is a member of the Equipment Leasing Finance Association.
Michael routinely practices before all state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts. He has practiced before the First Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, the Massachusetts Court of Appeals, the First Circuit Court of Appeals and has arbitrated before the American Arbitration Association and the National Association of Securities Dealers.
- Massachusetts Bar
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, First Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Massachusetts Court of Appeals
- Board of Directors, Hellenic Bar Association
- Board of Directors, American Hellenic Educational and Progressive Association (AHEPA), Athens Chapter 24, Charitable and Educational Corporation
- Equipment Leasing Finance Association
- Tufts University, B.A., 1989
- New England School of Law, J.D., 1993