Andrew B. Glaab
781-494-0200 EXT: 231
Andrew B. Glaab is an associate attorney at Cohn & Dussi and heads up the firm’s in-house collection group. Andrew focuses his practice on civil business litigation, commercial law, contract law including loan documentation, construction law, insurance subrogation, creditor’s bankruptcy, insolvency, workouts, commercial and consumer collections.
He represents various secured and unsecured creditors including international and national lenders, banks, credit unions, factors, merchant cash advance companies, insurers, leasing companies, trade creditors, and debt buyers in the enforcement of their contractual rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced both commercial and residential real estate, transactional and personal injury law. He also worked for Massachusetts Dispute Resolution Services (a full-service alternative dispute resolution firm) as an intern to their Director Attorney Brian Jerome.
Andrew holds a B.A. from Kent State University and a J.D. from New England School of Law, where he served as a mentor and a student ambassador. He is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts. In addition, he holds a certification in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Andrew is an active member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Essex County Bar Association, and the Greater Lynn Bar Association. He is also a member of the following organizations: the National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA), Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), Lease Enforcement Attorney Network (LEAN), Alternative Finance Bar Association (AFBA), the Northeast Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) and the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI). He has been selected to speak at many of their educational conferences, seminars and events.
- Massachusetts Bar
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Alternative Finance Bar Association (AFBA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA)
- Essex County Bar Association
- Greater Lynn Bar Association
- Lease Enforcement Attorney Network (LEAN)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- National Equipment Finance Association (NEFA)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA), Northeast Chapter
- New England School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Kent State University, B.A., 2010
- Represent a publicly traded national insurance company in collection of their subrogation portfolio, which includes both state and federal court litigation.
- Represent two of the largest assisted living facilities in the U.S. in their collections and evictions.
- Represented creditors in hundreds of various insolvency proceedings including Chapter 7,11,12 and13 bankruptcy proceedings, probate of estate matters, and assignments for the benefit of creditors.
- Successfully resolved cases for creditors in court ordered conciliations, mediations and arbitrations.
- Successfully defended a corporate creditor against alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Successfully defended a former university employee against an NCAA rules violation investigation.