Daniel J. Veerman
781-494-0200 EXT: 247
Daniel J. Veerman, is the Senior Litigation Associate at Cohn & Dussi with the firm’s Litigation Department. Dan concentrates his practice in complicated and highly contested litigation and trial matters in the District, Superior and Federal Courts of Massachusetts. He has extensive experience in all aspects and stages of civil litigation, including arbitration, jury trials and appellate practice.
His areas of expertise include business disputes, construction law, probate and estates, commercial collections, corporate litigation, personal injury, real estate and land use, zoning, municipal law, criminal litigation, domestic relations, wrongful death, liquor liability, and consumer law.
Over the past 30 years, Daniel has served as chief litigation attorney and supervising attorney for a series of firms in the Boston area, as well as an Assistant District Attorney for Essex County. He consistently achieves successful results for his clients through hard work, persuasive and aggressive representation, and efficient and honest advocacy.
Daniel obtained his B.A. in Political Science at the George Washington University in Washington D.C. in 1988, and his J.D. at New England Law in Boston in 1991. He currently resides in Wilmington, Massachusetts, where he serves his community as the Chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Massachusetts Bar
- S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Chairman, Zoning Board of Appeals, Wilmington, Mass.
- George Washington University, B.A. in Political Science, 1988
- New England Law, J.D., 1991
- Has successfully appeared before the Massachusetts Appeals Court on numerous occasions on issues of civil and corporate litigation
- Has successfully prosecuted a number of dram shop, wrongful death and liquor liability civil actions, including one that settled for nearly 1 million dollars before suit was filed
- Has successfully obtained and attached multiple debtor bank accounts in excess of $300,000